History
Back in the 16th century, Baron Rossetti owned large estates in the area, spanning from Mt Nanos to Postojna and beyond. Already in that time the baron had a summer residence with baths built in the area, and later they added a mill and a sawmill. The mill was operational through 1947 and supplied flour to nine surrounding villages.
According to written sources, Baron Rossetti later donated the estate to the local church, which owned it until 1720, when it was purchased by Anton Bole, an ancestor of the family that still lives here and moved to the farm from Slavina. In 1910, Jernej Simčič from Brezje pod Nanosom married into the family and had eight children with Ivana Bole.
The next head of the family farm was their son Janko, born in 1925, who met his wife Pavla Srebre from the Koroška Region at the farming school in Poljče na Gorenjskem. They married in 1950 and had five children. Together with his wife Katja and their own ten children, the youngest of them, Emilijan Simčič, carries on the farm tourism activities launched by his mother Pavla in 1980.